Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Charmaine

I received a mail from one of my friends about a little girl named Charmaine. She is just 4 years old but suffering from stage 4 Neuroblastoma, a debilitating cancer that occurs in children. Doctors here have told that the chance of survival is only 10-20% but suggested the drugs that can give her a chance of survival to 40-50% are available in New York, US. However the treatment cost seems to be so high that the upfront deposit at one of the hospitals in New York even before the treatment begins is US$350,000 (SG$500,000).

I dont know who this little girl is.
I dont know who her parents are.
I dont even know any of her friends or relatives.
But I know the value of a life.
I know to an extent what a little girl is like.
I know to an extent how her parents undergo the pain.

What I'm doing or going to do is secondary. But what I request the readers is to do something that is possible at their level. A small effort from hundreds will contribute to a huge help.

Below is the link that is created by her friends and well wishers.

http://ourfeistyprincess.com/

No comments:

Vishwaroopam - Teaser Trailer (Tamil)